Sunday, April 27, 2008

The graphs have met... and diverged

You may remember our wonderment at some weather graphs Josh posted last October. It's time to revisit the topic...

Although my mother tells me it cooled down yesterday in Michigan from 82 (28) to 64 (18), I've been hearing reports from family and friends all around the country of the fantastic spring weather that's moved in. Well, around here it may have been quite nice for that one week in March, but honestly, spring hasn't shown too much promise since then. I know no harm is meant in your friendly comments about the American weather, but I still feel like you're all rubbing it in...

From here on out, no more thinking we are on the warmer end of the thermometer. Alas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That Durham line on the graph actually looks quite a lot like the average temps in Vancouver, except perhaps the averages in July and August creep into the 70s.

I don't know about you, but I prefer cold winters and hot summers. My feeling is that I ought not to be wearing long pants by the end of May. But this has happened every year I've lived here, and despite the mild (yet very rainy) winters, it's frustrating.