Monday, April 28, 2008

A delayed "New to England" post

My new face lotion has spf 15 in it. This reminded me of when I first got here, and we were shopping for our first round of groceries/toiletries. I got to the facial care aisle and started looking for my typical combination of not-too-expensive but not-too-cheap daily face moisturizer. Like a good fair-skinned girl, I rule out anything below spf 10, but this time that ruled out pretty much everything. Wierd. I looked and looked, getting a little frustrated, before Josh came over wondering if I'd gotten my foot stuck in the shelving explaining my extended absence. He reminded me of where we were now living. Right. England. English weather. And I reached for the nearest bottle, abandoning the sun factor entirely... what freedom!

No comments: