Wednesday, November 07, 2007

OK, Megan's selection of "next-best" photographs...




It's true. I did think that Josh de-selected some beautiful photographs from our collections (see his recent post), especially some of the ones including people or implying a further narrative. So here we go. Here are MY top 36. Well, not entirely- I think Josh got most of the good ones. So while these may not be the "best", they are at least quite compelling....
So here are the second top 36. (yes, we'll stop after this.)
See the top 37 through 72-ish





(Some of these are better looked at large (by clicking on them) in order to see the people and expressions. Of course, I apologize if they end up monster size and too big for your web browser...)

































Oh. And number 72...

5 comments:

joshwall said...

I had forgotten about that cat photo... he was a fun (though mildly annoying) cat.

megfeen said...

Yes, it's not as if the photo is utterly remarkable, but the expression on your faces is great. It's as if you and the cat are having some unspoken conversation that's been going on for some time. You look mildy exasperated and the cat looks indignant. Wow, that was a great meal. Pumpkin soup.

(Suppose I could just turn around and tell you this in person.)

Anonymous said...

I love your lists of best photos. One of my favorites was in Megan's list--the little boy and cat in Vietnam(?). I laughed when I realized that two of the photos are the background screen on my two computers--the rain drop in Darjeeling on Josh's list is on my laptop and the Bhaktpur picture looking down on the square is on my work computer.

Anonymous said...

My favorite on Megan's list is the one of the children on the rope swing by the waterfall. It is fantastic!
Mom

megfeen said...

Thanks mom and jen! Yeah, Josh just added that rain drop from Darjeeling to the top of our blog... see, feeling lazy and "bored" and taking photos of random things with the macro lens can pay off! :)

And those kids on the rope swing were great. They were this group of Lao girls who wore full clothes (although sometimes without shirts?) into the water and scampered off when backpacking guys wanting to swing and girls in tiny bikinis came to sunbathe. Then they'd reappear after the group moved on. Josh and I just hung around for a while eating a pineapple and happened to see them a few times. Mmmmm.... pineapple...