Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday

Black Friday. Although I am not participating in it this year, my 4 years in retail are enough for me to set this day apart from others. What a weird day, the busiest shopping day of the year. What a weird country, that this day is such a big deal for us. Apparently it's a bigger deal for some than others, because someone cared enough to make this Excel spreadsheet about it. Crazy! I also have to say I find the very idea of all that buying and selling almost overwhelming, and it makes me a fan of celebrating buy nothing day! But right now... well it's rather a mute point when you live in another country isn't it?

P.S. Who needs a Christmas holiday season?

1 comment:

A blog about... said...

Who needs a buy nothing day when you could celebrate a buy nothing Christmas?

http://eric-amy.blogspot.com/2007/11/buy-nothing-christmas.html