Friday, April 20, 2007

Who knew...

people need this kind of stuff... but apparently some do! Here are some of the high quality items that we could have ordered (we passed on them all unfortunately) from the Sky Mall catalogue on our flight to Texas yesterday.

Caption:Forest Faces Make You Smile (Note to self, demonic, scary forest faces don't make me smile.)

See the rest...

I should note why several of these pictures are a little fuzzy. They are taken from the Sky Mall catalogue on our flight to Texas, and while I was willing to take pictures of them on the plane I was not willing to use a flash. It's one thing to discreetly say to those around you, "I know this is really dorky," but it is another thing to broadcast my dorkdom to the entire plane.

Caption: The "Keep Your Distance" Bug Vacuum

Caption: New! Mega remote has giant buttons (Someone buy me this remote when I turn 95. And just to point something out look at the remote in contrast to the hand that holds it.)

Caption: This person is able to sleep comfortably in any seat! Can you say the same? Probably not, unless you have SkyRest. (Ok, so I actually think this may work but when I first saw it I thought, "Hey look, they've invented airbags for planes!")

Caption: The Remote Controlled Robotic Hammerhead Shark ('nuff said. I still want one though.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It makes me so happy to know I'm not the only one equally amused and appalled by the Sky Mall catalog! Someone please explain to me the "Crib Light with Womb Sounds" -- I mean, if they go to all the trouble of recording womb sounds to make the baby feel more comfortable and secure, why on earth are they adding a light to it?! Wombs don't have lights! Anyway, that bug grabber thing is high on my favorites list too. And those pre-lit, pine-scented, bendable, artificial Christmas trees that take just as long to set up as an actual, honest-to-goodness tree (which can at least be composted afterwards). Awesome.