Sunday, April 15, 2007

Who knew they made these things?

This weekend we were at my brother's wedding (congrats again) and drove up in one of my dad's cars and noticed something odd.
Read the rest...

It is an odd little pull tab on the inside latch of the trunk. Now, presumably this is to help a person stuck in a car (be it a four year old boy or the kidnapped rival mobster) escape and then scamper to their freedom. I understand the point of it, people do die in trunks after all but regardless the diagram strikes me as rather silly. If I were the one getting out of a trunk I would be doing less bounding and more running-for-my-life-before-Vito-notices-I'm-gone-ing.



P.S. I was standing for Adam in the wedding and was given the solemn responsibility of holding the rings. Adam (if you haven't met him) is quite big and I found it funny that I his ring fit over my thumb (with room to spare) while Lindsey's barely fit on my pinkie.



P.P.S. A real picture of the wedding (at Megan's request). And to justify the crooked nature of the photo the photographer said, "Now remember I had to lean out of the aisle to take this... that's why its crooked..."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Does the trunk pull tab thingy glow in the dark? It's got that greeny-yellow color that makes me think it might. If so, that's even cooler. I wonder if soccer balls and grocery bags and anything else kept in the trunk are ever tempted to pull it? They should have a graphic of the soccer balls bounding. Nice wedding photos -- looks beautiful.