Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Reminiscing about Winter Park: Part 2

Given that the last quote wasn't quite so uplifting, here are some quotes (and conversations) from our kids throughout the season...

Read the rest...#1
"Bumps are like salmon eggs; they're all stuck together."

#2
"My Mom doesn't ski; she's fat."

#3
Meg: Ok, everyone, what do we call the front of our skis?
James (age 4): James!
Meg: Alright...[attempting to ignore the out of place comment] What do we call the back of our skis?
James: [a bit more hesitant] James?

Another Kid: The tails!
Meg: [attempting to hide her laughter] Ok... so what shape do we make with our skis to slow down?
James: J-A-M-E-S!

And the answer to almost every other question for the rest of the day was "J-A-M-E-S" (said very proudly and with gusto no matter what the answer was supposed to be)!

#4
Josh: Ok, everyone, before we go back out I need you all to go to the bathroom.
[They all scuttle off into the bathroom, slowly a 4 year old english girl named Elsa remerges.]
Elsa: Uhmmm... Josh?
Josh: Yes Elsa?
Elsa: So you want me to go pee and poo in the bathroom?
Josh: Yes Elsa, please go pee and poo. That's what we do in the bathroom in the US.
Elsa: Oh, ok!

#5
[Megan on a first-time chair lift with a group of 5-6 year olds]
Girl: What happens if I drop a ski?
Meg: Well, we'll ask ski patrol to pick it up and give it to us.
Girl: Oh... [pause] Megan, are the ski patrol just really tall then?

#6
Josh: Ok, Timmy, now put your ski tips together.
Timmy: I have a dog!!
Josh: I know, you told me. Now I want you to put your ski tips together.
Timmy: His name is Buster and he's brown and he's really smart!

Maddie: My dad is really smart!
Josh: I know, Timmy, now put those tips together.
Timmy: And he likes to chase cats and birds, and eat grass! [pause] My grandma likes coffee.
[This is really a composition of about 6 different kids we each had and their random, unrequested information about their many pets.]

#7
[At the top of a lift, Megan turns to help a fallen kid and hears from behind...]
Alex: Megan... I just threw up a little bit...
Megan: Oh, Alex. Where did it go?
Alex: I buried it in the snow.
Megan: Good girl. Ok everyone, lets go.

#8
Josh
: I have a pet, too. I have a baby T-Rex.
Kid: No you don't!
Josh: Yes I do, I keep it in my garage.
Kid: But I thought those were extinct. Where did you get it?
Josh: China. They still have them in China.
Kid: Oh. [pause] A lot of my stuff is from China.

#9
Kid 1: How do they make those bumps?
Megan: Well, when kids are bad in ski school, they just bury them down there under the snow.
Kid #2: That's a lot of kids.
Megan: A lot of kids are bad in ski school.
Kid #1: [after contemplation] But wouldn't the police find out?
Megan: Nah, they just do it at night.

2 comments:

Brad said...

B-R-A-D

Anonymous said...

Funny that it is always the kids named James who make for good stories. I had another J-A-M-E-S who had a pacifier in his mouth the entire day and another J-A-M-E-S who insisted that the lions Simba and Nala were stuck by Scar in the janitors closet in the kids room and that it was our job to save them. I had him for two days and he never let up about finding the D-A-M-N key...