Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Thoughts for the 'day'

1) Jet lag sucks. (I am presently both tired, awake, hungry and full all at the same time)

2) I have now flown on what has to be the oldest trans-atlantic airplane in continual use. (I'm sure it was cutting edge technology in 1984, but now-a-days, not so much.)

3) I had a meeting shortly after arriving back in Durham... it was culture shock hardcore. I went from talking with only/feeling rather distinctly American to talking/interacting with British folks in about 5 minutes, that's just a quick shift... quick enough I had a hard time understanding people.

4) It's hard to leave family and friends.

2 comments:

waldo said...

It was hard for us to leave you as well. We will be so glad when you come back to be with all of us. LFAA, Mom

Jason and Melissa said...

It was so great to see you both! Can't wait for next time! - Melissa