Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A real post is to come but first... another first.

We've lived in England for almost a year at this stage and throughout that time (and despite the rain that comes down far more often than I like) there hasn't been one thunderstorm. The rain, which is around rather often, normally begins as a thick mist that then begins to fall turning into a light rain, which then turns into proper rain, and then back to light rain, to mist, to cloudy, to sun. (Wash, rinse and repeat.) In the midst of all this falling water, it rarely falls that hard and we have yet to have a real storm in any proper sense of the word.

Well today there was a new development on the weather front and while I still haven't seen a proper storm, I finally heard thunder this afternoon. How exciting!

I took a picture to show the cloud that had said thunder attached... not that a photo shows sound but you'll have to take my word for it.

P.S. The cloud looked much more dramatic in person.

2 comments:

E(Liz)a(Beth) said...

After two years in India, with its everlasting sunshine, I am still revelling in rain, particularly thunderstorms. I just love it when it rains here. Luckily for me, Boston has had a remarkably rainy summer, so my need for wetness has been indulged. I wonder if you guys will go the other way and crave weeks of sunshine.

megfeen said...

What India were you in?? What happened to the monsoon rains we experienced? The knee-high flooding? Perhaps Bangalore is the Indian Shangri La?