Saturday, September 15, 2007

Bird!

First an introduction. This is Bird. I met Bird my senior year of college. I don't remember how exactly he came to live in my bedroom or how the tradition started, but Bird has now been around the world and has photos to prove it. A few rules have developed:

1. Photos must be taken of Bird at locations that are representative or typical of an area or easily recognizable by the average global citizen or, in some cases, a narrower sector of the population (but still recognizable/significant). This supresses the urge to take a picture of photogenic Bird at every last temple, sign, or ruin.

2. Don't waste film. This isn't compose 20 shots and take the best one. This is take a photo, blurry or not, and that's the photo. Of course, this has changed slightly with the acquisition of a digital camera. Now we attempt to stifle the urge to take and take and take and then delete and delete.

Anyway, here are Bird's photos from the last 9 months.





(bird. Not Bird. sorry couldn't resist this one)
















(ha-ha. Get it?)




4 comments:

E(Liz)a(Beth) said...

I'm not entirely convinced Bird exists. Bird didn't come out ONCE during your stay in Bangalore. I think he's a myth. Trick photography.

waldo said...

Megan, Where did Bird come from? Love forever and always, Mom

Anonymous said...

Shhhh, Elizabeth! I don't want the world to know!

Unknown said...

I have a feeling that bird will have another great adventure very soon... :)