Thursday, February 05, 2009

Wordle

Oh dear. I'm afraid I've discovered a wonderful, er, um, terrible time waster. Paste text into www.wordle.net and here's what comes out:


This is my post "A Letter from Newcastle." The more common the word, the larger it is, so guess what was on my mind that day...

I thought I'd try something more substantial, so here is Josh's 14,998-word dissertation (thesis, you Americans)! Go ahead, find a love email from your partner, a funny article from an online newspaper, change the colors, the shapes, the font, and see how addictive it can be...
I even tried it with the top 2000 words (5000 was just too much)...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic! It looks like something you could frame and put on your wall. I'm a little afraid that if I were to put in anything I wrote I'd find I overuse some word I shouldn't. I do tend to use the word so entirely too much...

joshwall said...

For what it's worth Megan did this while I was at a meeting, when she came back I thought she might be making fun of me, and my, heavily clausal dissertation...

Turns out she had more faith in my writing than I did.

E(Liz)a(Beth) said...

I just found this site myself. Isn't it great???? I'll have to try Brad's books.

Beth said...

Yeah, I've basically been doing nothing but this since I saw it a few weeks back. Crazy addicted.