Saturday, January 05, 2008

My hair (and a few other things)


Alright, here it is: a long-awaited photo of my short hair! It may not be as short as you expected- I hadn't had a decent hair cut since last year about this time, as a ponytail was quite helpful in both hat-filled Colorado and heat-filled Asia. I did have TEN INCHES cut off, though, as you can see in that photo I posted last week of the sadly shorn ponytail. Those ten inches were a minimum for a Locks of Love donation, which helped push my indecision towards a shorter style. While I am pleased I can wear it both straight and curly, the whole having to actually pay attention to it is a bit annoying! (And, no, Josh did not cut it. Are you kidding?!)

This photo also shows some of the group from our New Year's eve spent with friends Emma and Gerard in London. We had a wonderful evening filled with large amounts of food, alcohol, Uno, Big Ben's dozen chimes (much more appropriate than a crystal ball dropping, wouldn't you say?), and the wee hours of the morning (not helping our jetlag AT ALL). We also spent a few days with Emma and Gerard before our Christmas trip to the States, and, as I don't know where else to put them, I've included a few photos from that below.


We hadn't seen our friends since Nate and Milli's wedding in April, so we had a wonderful time catching up and talking about being "foreign" (we met Gerard and Emma, both English, while they were living in NYC). Along with a long walk about London, we climbed up to the top of St Pauls...... for some great views:

Oh, and just because I don't know where else to put this, here are a few of those 65 cars we saw that had slid off the road the night before our drive from Iowa to Michigan...

1 comment:

megfeen said...

In answer to questions (moms like to know our friends, I think): Gerard is sitting next to me and Emma isn't in this photo! Ni and Damion, friends of Gerard and Emma's, are the other couple...