Saturday, January 26, 2008

Fairies, revisited

I've gained new insight into the fairy/angel Christmas curiosity on which I posted before Christmas. I was surprised at both the prevalence of tree-topping fairies and the confusion of how these fairies were different from angels. A few weeks ago, I took these photos of "angels" during the after-Christmas sales around here. Who knew angels, as the packages are labeled, wore pink, carried wands, and had little sparkly wings? (Sorry, Beth, I didn't find any left-over fairy Christmas tree-toppers besides the one below and I didn't know if pink would go with your decor...)


3 comments:

busy mom of 4 said...

Thanks for "clearing" that up for me Megan!! In other words they are interchangeable, it is the wand that counts??? But, I don't think that Tinkerbell carried a wand and she was most definitely a fairy! Who knows, I really wish I could have had true English fairy tree topper though:(

joshwall said...

Ugh. I can't believe I have to have so much pink on one page... it fights against all my boyhood urges.

megfeen said...

Yeah, the post looks like the little girls section of a store, but it's not! These were all Christmas sale items among all the red and green... wierd...