Friday, June 29, 2007

Food: The good, the bad, the disgusting (or at least what we dared to take pictures of)

Ok, so we all know that traveling involves, for a large part, eating. These are some photos of food (most of which was terrific) that we've eaten along the way... or at least tried to eat... and in some cases we just saw it and decided to say no.

A Durian Moon Cake...

Meg: It looks so pretty!


After one bite:

Meg: Ugh! That was the worst $1.50 ever spent!
(Megan now: for my own excuse, I really didn't realize that the pretty thing was a Durian moon cake with two egg yokes.)
Street food: Crepe-like, though not fully crepe, drizzled with chocolate; quite yummy.


Token Bacon on a stick picture

Ducks: Not sure what you do with these ducks but they were sitting here quacking in a tub.



Grilled Stingray: Quite good! Never thought I'd eat stingray...

Close up of the stingray.



Vietnamese coffee: Even though this picture is from Malaysia (the white layer is sweetened condensed milk: fantastic.)


Ice Cream with Creamed Corn: Meg orded this... I'm still not sure why.
(Meg: because I didn't know what the yellow stuff was in the picture! Also, the ice cream was Rummitr. Anyone know what this means?)



A choclate bar that did what choclate bars do when its 95 degrees!

A water machine! Just bring your own bottle- saves money and plastic! The best invention ever!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking at all the food makes me hungry! :) I guess moon cake are usually tasty when they made with just green beans instead of dorian.

Anonymous said...

Call me crazy, but I like the idea of ice cream with creamed corn. Creamed corn is quite sweet and if you don't enter with preconceptions of what might be good, it may actually be good. But the woman who ordered it should be able to tell us that. How was it Megan?

Anonymous said...

actually, not too bad! I didn't know what it was going to be when I ordered it (it was called "Thai sundae"), and it wasn't too bad. Not my favorite, but not bad.

And yes, Q, I would prefer green bean to durian!!