Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Magazines


My family, husband included, chipped in to get the New Yorker magazine delivered here to 36 Albert Street. It looks the same, same size, same $4.50 per issue written on the cover (goodness, for a weekly! I did see an issue for about $12 in Thailand...). One change is the clear plastic bag it’s wrapped in, which I assume is there because they believe England is wet. But today this slip of paper fell out of the latest copy, as it tends to do every week, and it was the first time I noticed that it was indeed a site-specific issue. Weird.



Josh ordered a Patagonia catalogue (for drooling purposes), and the price list came in pounds, and EBay, Google, and Citibank automatically deliver us to “.co.uk”. I don’t think the world knows where to put us!

No comments: