Friday, January 02, 2009

And a happy new year to you, too.

I was searching for something in my sent mail at work before Christmas and found this email from last year. Wonder if it'll still apply when I get back to work next week...


From: Megan Feenstra Wall
Sent: 14 January 2008 08:54
To: 'jjfw'
Subject: forgotten cultural (?) item

Did I ever tell you about the New Year thing? When I got back after Christmas, it seemed like if you hadn’t spoken to someone since before the holiday, you had to shake their hand and wish them a happy new year, even if it was a few days after you’d started back again. Isn’t that interesting? I shook hands with a few people I’ve never shaken hands with before.

-meg

3 comments:

joshwall said...

It did. More handshakes.

joshwall said...

Oops. It was Megan who posted that.

joshwall said...

In case anyone reads these comments a recent observation. Last Sunday (the 25th!) I saw someone I hadn't seen since before the New Year and I was wished 'Happy New Year.'

huh. I like it, but a little weird.